Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mitube: Mithirst

I had to leave really early this morning. It's like a different species on the tube at this hour, the serious professionals if  you will, none of my fellow media types. How I know this is because there are a lot of shirts and cuff links, females included. I have a charity event to go to tonight, hence I'm going to get into work early. The charity is around the water crises in Cambodia and Ethiopia. Considering how thirsty I am, just from being on the tube for 10 minutes, I can't imagine what it must be like to not have access to clean water, or any water for that matter. Further to that everyone on this train looks successful and well fed. Well if the Marc Jacobs is anything to go by, my seat neighbour really does. We live in a world very far from malnutrition in this city. We have water and beer on tap and a health/social system that won't allow any child to die of starvation. So while I sip champagne at this event I will try appreciate that what I'm drinking is clean and not only clean, with bubbles. Hopefully there is something I can do to help quench the thirst of people who have less than me.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment